Saturday, June 20, 2009



Okay, I am going to give blogging here a chance. I love My Quilt Blog but a lot of my quilting friends are coming over here so I will try to give them both a shot.

Hubby went to Boise yesterday. His Father, who is 92, is giving him his travel trailer. It is twice the size of ours with a bathroom and large closet so should be better in the long run. It has been sitting for 3 years at my Bro-in-laws ranch so I imagine that cleaning it is going to be a chore. As long as my lounge chair and fly fishing pole fit in it I will be fine!! There are so many places to explore in the Northwest and I am so looking forward to spending time doing just that.

The quilt I am working on right now is another Gloified Nine Patch pictured above. My sister is being really firm with not giving the first one back that I made. lol She is my very biggest fan and sends me fabric and batting regularlly so I can't complain.

Another thing I want to work on is scrap quilting. I mean really letting go. So many people from MQB have inspired me give this a try. Looking at my body of work, I am a very concise and controlled quilter. I have to consult my color wheel, look at texture, fuss with the fabric for 2 weeks and then and only then can I do a test block. 90% of the time it gets tossed to the UFO pile. Don't you think I really need to get over this obsessed crap??? Can you tell I am retired fromt he military?????
Happy Quilting All, MaryMM




































1 comment:

  1. Hi MaryMM, Nice to see you here. I am glad that you made it. Come over to my blog, just click on my name and my profile should show up and look for my web site. Don't forget to sign up on the follow me thing. I just did yours. Love your quilt.

    ReplyDelete